Education, Certifications and Awards
- Bachelor of Science from The University of Texas
- MBA, University of Houston at Clear Lake
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- 5 Star Wealth Manager by Texas Monthly
- Top 100 Advisor by Investment Advisor Magazine
As the head of the Slaughter Associates investment committee, Brooks has a particular expertise in investment analysis and portfolio strategies, specifically designed to achieve client’s financial goals. His hands-on approach to wealth management allows Brooks to design and implement strategies for each client in a highly customized manner.
With Brooks' years of experience as a wealth manager, as well as his time as an electrical engineer, he brings a unique perspective to asset management and expertise in understanding his client’s needs.
Brooks’ service to the community
- Member of Gideon’s International
- Board member, The Christi Center
- Church Deacon
Things to know about Brooks
What makes a good wealth advisor?
"A good listener and someone who has the expertise to solve problems for a wide variety of wealth issues."
What hobbies do I enjoy?
"Traveling, snow skiing, fishing, and golf."
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.